Purdue 75, Michigan 70 (Postgame Notes)
• Purdue improved to 20-1 overall and 9-1 at the halfway point of Big Ten play with a 75-70 win over Michigan at the Crisler Center. The win was Purdue’s first at the Crisler Center since 2018.
• The win gave Purdue victories at Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State for the first time since the 1997-98 season.
• Purdue is the first Big Team to start the season 20-1 in four years and a win over Michigan State on Sunday will enable Purdue to become the first Big Ten team to start 21-1 since the 2010-11 Ohio State team started 24-0.
• Purdue is now 6-0 on the road in Big Ten play and 7-0 on the road overall. Purdue’s 6-0 road start is the Big Ten’s best road start since the 2017-18 Boilermakers started league play 7-0 on the road.
• Purdue has been 9-1 in league play seven times in school history (2023, 2018, 2008, 1990, 1988, 1984, 1969).
• The seven road victories are the most by a power-conference team in the country.
• Purdue became the first power-conference team to win 20 games this season (third overall). It marks the second time in the last six years that Purdue became the first power-conference team with 20 victories (2017-18 season; Jan. 25 at Michigan).
• Purdue won its 40th straight game when scoring at least 70 points. Purdue and Saint Mary’s are the only teams in the country to hold every opponent to 70 or fewer points.
• Purdue went 16-of-20 from the free throw line and over the last seven games, Purdue is shooting 80-of-96 (.833) from the free throw line.
• Purdue freshmen accounted for 35 of Purdue’s 75 points, going 12-of-21 from the field and 10-of-11 from the free throw line.
• Zach Edey scored in double-figures for the 37th straight time, tallying 19 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 assist. Edey moved into the Purdue top 15 for career rebounds (668) and top 20 for single-season rebounds (259).
• Fletcher Loyer scored 17 points with two rebounds and a steal.
• Braden Smith tallied 10 points with 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal. He surpassed the 200-point plateau and now needs just one rebound for 100 this season.
• Trey Kaufman-Renn scored eight points on 4-of-4 shooting in just nine minutes of action.
• Purdue’s bench outscored Michigan’s bench by a 23-9 advantage.
 Purdue 75, Michigan 70 (Postgame Notes)