INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – In a top ten showdown on the campus of Marian University, No. 10 Indiana Wesleyan Softball fell 4-3 to No. 2 Marian University. Emily Hastings doubled in the seventh scoring Aubrie Eckert, but IWU failed to convert stranding her on second to end the game.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan – 3 | Marian (Ind.) – 4
- Records: IWU – 51-9 | Marian (Ind.) – 47-3
- NAIA Top 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – #10 | Marian (Ind.) – #2
- Location: Marian University | Indianapolis, Indiana | MU Softball Field
INSIDE THE BOX
- Shannon Arndt scored the first run for the Wildcats in the bottom of the third off a Marian Knights error.
- Lauren Buckley scored one batter later off an Alex Springer’s groundout.
- Emily Hastings doubled in the seventh scoring Aubrie Eckert.
- “Even though tomorrow is an elimination game, we have been playing every game like it’s an elimination game. We have been playing with a sense of urgency and have played some really clean ball.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan plays the winner of the Taylor/Huntington game tomorrow at 2 p.m. on the campus of Marian University.
For more information on the Crossroads League Tournament, click HERE.