Marion, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s basketball team battled back from a ten-point deficit early to take a four-point lead late, but a buzzer-beating three-point attempt would not fall as the Pilots dropped their fourth straight game.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Bethel 84-82
- Records: Bethel (17-7, 6-6) | Indiana Wesleyan (18-6, 9-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 13 | Indiana Wesleyan – No. 8
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Ind.
- Gage Ott: 19 pts, 7 reb, 2 blk
- Ryan Lutz: 18 pts, 2 reb, 4-7 3fg
- Paul Forman: 10 pts, 2 reb, 4-4 fg
- Kyle Hartman: 13 pts, 5 ast, 4 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots lost their fourth straight game for the first time since Feb. 2-12, 2013.
- The Pilots were outrebounded for just the third time this season, 33-29, and the Wildcats outscored the Pilots 10-0 in second chance points.
- Kyle Hartman played off the bench for the first time this season, and responded with 13 points and 5 assists to lead all bench players in the game.
- For the second time in three games, Ryan Lutz had a potential game-winning three-pointer miss the mark at the final buzzer. The Pilots narrowly missed upsetting the No. 2 St. Francis Cougars in the same fashion last Saturday the 20th.
- The Pilots lost for the second straight game when outshooting their opponents when both teams are above .500 from the field. The Pilots outshot the Foresters in the loss on Tuesday when both teams were better than 1-for-2 from the field.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return home to take on Goshen in the second game of a men’s and women’s double header on Wednesday at 8 in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. The Maple Leafs upset the Pilots for their first Crossroads League loss this season on Dec. 6, 106-96. The Pilots are looking to avoid their longest losing streak since losing 8 straight from Jan. 11 to Feb. 8, 2011, and also looking to avoid falling below .500 in Crossroads League play this late in the season since the 2011-12 season.