SPRING ARBOR, Mich. – No. 13 Spring Arbor (Mich.) broke an 81-81 tie when Drew Zuidema connected on two free throws with 9.4 seconds left in the contest. The free throws were the difference as No. 7 Indiana Wesleyan University men’s basketball fell 83-81 on the road.
- Score: Spring Arbor def. Indiana Wesleyan, 83-81
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 16-6, 7-3 Crossroads League | Spring Arbor 18-4, 6-4 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 7 | Spring Arbor – No. 13
- Location: SAU Fieldhouse | Spring Arbor University | Spring Arbor, Michigan
- Kyle Mangas: 24 points, 10-16 FG, 3-5 3FG
- Canaan Coffey: 12 points, 4-6 3FG
- Ben Carlson: 17 points, 6-7 FG, 5-5 FT
- Jacob Johnson: 10 points, 4-6 FG, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
- Evan Maxwell: 14 points, 5 rebounds
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Drew Zuidema sank a pair of free throws with 9.4 seconds left to give Spring Arbor the 83-81 lead. IWU called time out and set up a play that got Kyle Mangas a good look at the basket down low but the shot did not go as SAU gained the two-point win.
- There were nine ties and nine lead changes in the game. The second half alone featured eight ties and seven lead changes.
- Indiana Wesleyan shot 60.4-percent (32 of 53) for the game but Spring Arbor managed to hit at a 55.8-percent clip (29 of 52), including 71.4-percent from 3-point range on 10-of-14 shooting.
- Kyle Mangas has scored more than 20 points in five straight games. The freshman has averaged 25.0 points per game through 10 Crossroads League games.
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan travels to Goshen (Ind.) this Tuesday. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.