MADISON, Wis. – The 13th-ranked Wisconsin volleyball team opened the Big Ten Conference season with a 25-22, 29-27, 25-15 sweep of No. 15 Purdue on Friday night in the UW Field House.
- Wisconsin improves to 23-15 all time in Big Ten openers, including 15-8 at home.
- Junior Dana Rettke led the Badgers with 12 kills and six blocks while junior Grace Loberg added 10 kills.
- Senior Tiffany Clark was UW’s top back-row player, recording 10 digs.
- UW won the second set 29-27, the first time this season it has won a set that went extra points.
- The Badgers outblocked the Big Ten’s top blocking team 8-5. Wisconsin also hit .262 (40 kills – 13 errors – 103 attempts) and held Purdue to .101 (37-26-109).
- Junior Sydney Hilley recorded 25 assists in the match despite missing much of the first set with a bloody nose.
- Wisconsin continues its Big Ten-opening weekend on Sunday when it hosts Indiana (11-3, 0-1) at 1 p.m. in the UW Field House.