GOSHEN, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots’ men’s basketball team escaped Goshen with a 76-66 win over the Maple Leafs on a lackluster night for the Pilots. The Pilots were led by Paul Forman‘s game-high 20 points. The Pilots have now won three straight and four of their last five games to up their season record to 18-5 overall and 7-4 in the Crossroads League.
- Game Score: Bethel def. Goshen 76-66
- Records: Bethel (18-5, 7-4) | Goshen (6-17, 0-11)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 14 | Goshen – not rated
- Location: Gingerich Center | Goshen College | Goshen, Ind.
- Paul Forman – 20 pts, 4 reb, 6-10 fg
- Trey’von Covington – 19 pts, 2 ast, 4-7 3-pt
- Luke Fisher – 17 pts, 7-8 fg
- Trevion Crews – 10 pts, 4 reb, 2 ast
NEWS AND NOTES
- Luke Fisher has now scored in double figures in three straight games, his longest double-digit scoring streak since recording four straight in two separate stretches as a freshman. He is shooting 17-of-27, 62.9-precent, from the floor during this stretch.
- The Pilots shot 13-of-22 from the charity stripe–their third-worst performance from the free throw line this season.
- Over his last six games, Paul Forman is averaging 20.1 points per game—the highest scoring Pilot since the calendar year turned over to 2019.
- The Pilots were outrebounded 35-29—including 13-5 on the offensive glass—and were outscored 15-4 on second chance points.
- The Pilots return to the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Saturday to welcome No. 1-ranked Indiana Wesleyan. Tip-off is set for approximately 3 pm.