COLUMBIA, Ky. – No. 15 Doane (Neb.) won three sets in extra points to take a five set victory over No. 21 Indiana Wesleyan University volleyball in the final match on Friday at the LWC Classic. IWU held a 2-1 lead but fell 27-25 and 18-16 in the last two sets to drop the top-25 showdown.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan – 2 | Doane (Neb.) – 3
- Set 1: DU 30-28
- Set 2: IWU 25-20
- Set 3: IWU 25-20
- Set 4: DU 27-25
- Set 5: DU 18-16
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 1-1 | Doane 2-0
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 21 | Doane – No. 15
- Location: Holloway Center | Lindsey Wilson College | Columbia, Kentucky
- Emily Workman: 23 assists, 12 digs, 2 aces
- Katie Cole: 31 assists, 9 digs, 3 aces
- Megan Graber: 7 block assists
- Kelly Miller: 12 kills, 3 block assists
- Lauren Gross: 14 kills, .458 attack percentage, 3 block assists
- Tay Thomas: 17 kills, 3 block assists
- Abigail Rutt: 36 digs
- Doane hit .400 in the fifth set with 11 kills and just 1 error.
COACH MOATS SAYS…
- “I saw another level of our team come out against Doane. Everybody was 100-percent focused on the match and to playing to another level. It was really fun to watch. I was really proud of Tay who was exceptional from the outside. Abigail Rutt played libero and was really solid. Our serving was outstanding and really helped us in the match.”
UP NEXT FOR VOLLEYBALL
- Indiana Wesleyan completes play at the Lindsey Wilson Classic on Saturday with a pair of matches. IWU opens the day at 11 a.m. vs. Cumberland (Tenn.) and ends it vs. tournament host and No. 5-ranked Lindsey Wilson (Ky.).