FINAL: #15 Iowa 79, #25 Rutgers 66
- Tonight’s victory was Iowa’s NCAA-best fifth against an AP Top 25 opponent this season. The Hawkeyes have won 10 of its last 11 against ranked opponents at home, dating back to last season.
- Both Luka Garza and Joe Wieskamp recorded double-doubles, the ninth and third, respectively of the season for the Hawkeye duo. It marks the second game this season the tandem posted double-doubles in the same game (Indiana, Jan. 21).
- Luka Garza netted his 500th point of the season in the second half. The All-American finished the game with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
- Joe Wieskamp totaled a game and season-best 26 points; he also snagged 10 defensive rebounds. He has grabbed eight or more defensive rebounds in four of the last six outings. Wieskamp topped 20 points for the fourth time this season and 14th time in his career.
- Wieskamp, who ranks 10th in career 3-pointers at Iowa, equaled a season best with five treys, marking the sixth time in eight games the junior has made three 3-pointers or more.
- Guard CJ Fredrick returned to the starting lineup, playing 17 minutes.
- Rutgers’ 25 points first-half points are a season low for an Iowa opponent this season.
- Iowa improved to 4-1 against Rutgers in Iowa City.