MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots’ men’s basketball team outshot the nation’s ninth-best three-point shooting team on Saturday afternoon, defeating Huntington 92-81 in the Wiekamp Athletic Center for their second straight win. Trey’von Covington picked up where he left off on Tuesday with a game-high 23 points on 9-of-12 from the field.
- Game Score: Bethel def. Huntington 92-81
- Records: Bethel (17-5, 6-4) | Huntington (13-9, 3-7)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 16 | Huntington – not rated
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Trey’von Covington – 23 pts, 5 reb, 5-of-8 3-pt
- Trevion Crews – 17 pts, 6 reb, 6 ast
- Paul Forman – 14 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast
- Ryan Lutz – 13 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast
- Luke Fisher – 12 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast
NEWS AND NOTES
- Trey’von Covington finished two shy of his career-high with a game-high 23 points.
- The Pilots led by as many as 18 points in the game. It is the 18th game this season the Pilots have held a double-digit lead at some point in the contest and are 15-3 in such games.
- Five Pilots tallied at least four assists as the Pilots racked up a season-high 27 assists on 34 made field goals. It is their ninth game this season with at least 20 assists and their most since dishing out 28 assists on December 3, 2013.
- All five starters recorded at least 5 rebounds.
- Ryan Lutz has not missed a free throw all season long and has made 26 consecutive tosses from the charity stripe dating back to last season. That currently ranks 8th in program history for most consecutive free throw makes.
- The Pilots travel to Goshen on Wednesday, January 23 to take on the Maple Leafs in a men’s and women’s double header. The men are scheduled to tip-off at 8 pm.