MISHAWAKA – No. 19 Bethel Men’s Basketball avenged one of their three early season losses on Saturday afternoon, running past the Cornerstone Golden Eagles 112-94. Seven Pilots scored in double figures, led by TreVion Crews‘ game-high 27 points, while Wesley Burse went for 16 points and 6 rebounds off the bench for the Pilots.
- Score: Bethel def. Cornerstone 112-94
- Records: Bethel (18-3) | Cornerstone (3-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 19 | Cornerstone – NR
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- TreVion Crews: 27 pts, 6 ast, 2 stl
- Nathan Aerts: 17 pts, 6 reb, 7-9 fg
- Wesley Burse: 16 pts, 6 reb, 2 ast
- Jani Griffith: 10 pts, 7 reb, 4-4 ft
- Nick Pluta: 10 pts, 8 reb, 4-6 fg
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots improve to 63-9 all-time against Cornerstone.
- Head Coach Steve Drabyn earns his 40th career win as a collegiate head coach. He is the second-quickest coach in program history to 40 career wins, doing so in just 54 career games, just one game behind Mike Lightfoot’s 53 career games to reach the mark.
- Nick Pluta recorded season-highs of 10 points and 8 rebounds—one of five Pilots with at least five rebounds on the night.
- Jared DeHart tied a season-high with 6 assists.
- After the Golden Eagles got the margin back to single digits at 79-70 with 11:45 left, the Pilots used a 7-0 run over the next 80 seconds to extend the lead back to 16. From that point, the Pilots’ advantage never shrunk below 11 and grew to as many as 23.
- The Pilots hit the century mark in scoring for the sixth time this season and are 6-0 when hitting triple digits.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Huntington on Wednesday at 7:00 pm to take on the Foresters.