MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University men’s basketball team traded blows with No. 2 Indiana Wesleyan on Saturday afternoon for 35 minutes but could not get over the hump in a 97-84 loss. After the Pilots cut the deficit to 76-74, the Wildcats outscored the Pilots 21-10 in the game’s final 4:34. TreVion Crews led the Pilots with 25 points and 6 rebounds.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Bethel 97-84
- Records: Bethel (18-4, 6-4) | Indiana Wesleyan (19-3, 9-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 11 | Indiana Wesleyan – No. 2
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- TreVion Crews – 25 pts, 6 reb, 3 ast
- Grant Gelon – 19 pts, 5 reb, 3 stl
- Maxwell Newman – 5 pts, 11 reb
- Keonte Jenkins– 8 pts, 4 reb, 4 ast
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots are 6-3 this season against teams ranked or receiving votes in the NAIA DII Coaches’ Top 25 poll, including 3-3 against top ten teams. Five of their eight remaining games in the regular season also come against teams ranked or receiving votes.
- The Pilots could not find the range from the three-point line, shooting just 8-of-31 (25.8-percent) from distance.
- Jared DeHart contributed 5 assists to 0 turnovers. He came into the day ranked No. 9 in NAIA DII in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.313). Over his last four games, DeHart has tallied 15 assists against 0 turnovers.
- The Pilots fall into a four-way tie for third place in the Crossroads League at 6-4, along with Grace, Mount Vernon Nazarene, and Saint Francis.
- The Pilots travel to Fort Wayne to take on No. 21 Saint Francis on Tuesday at 7:00 pm.