MARION, Ind. – No. 20 Indiana Wesleyan University volleyball won the first of two home matches this weekend in Luckey Arena with a 3-0 final vs. Bethel (Ind.). The Wildcats finished with a .317 attack percentage while Kelly Miller and Marci Miller each added double digit kills.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan – 3 | Bethel (Ind.) – 0
- Set 1: IWU 25-21
- Set 2: IWU 25-13
- Set 3: IWU 25-19
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 11-3, 5-1 Crossroads League | Bethel 8-10, 1-4 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 20 | Bethel – Not ranked
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
- Emily Workman: 19 assists, 1 ace
- Kelly Miller: 13 kills, .370 attack percentage
- Marci Miller: 11 kills, .400 attack percentage
- Tay Thomas: 7 kills, 2 block assists
- Banner Rodgers: 15 digs, 2 assists
- Katie Cole: 20 assists, 1 ace, 6 digs
- Indiana Wesleyan hit .519 in the second set with 16 kills and 2 errors in 27 attempts. IWU finished the evening with a .317 team attack percentage.
- The Miller sisters combined for 29 of the 44 Wildcat kills.
COACH MOATS SAYS…
- “It was good to get a league win at home. Our first ball contact was impressive tonight and the team rallied around it. I am proud of the girls who are stepping up in the midst of our injuries and filling big roles. We look forward to another home league match tomorrow vs. Goshen.”
UP NEXT FOR VOLLEYBALL
- Indiana Wesleyan hosts Goshen (Ind.) at 3 p.m. on Saturday. The action takes place inside Luckey Arena.