No. 20 Purdue Routs SIUE in Season Opener
• Purdue improved to 3-0 all-time against SIU-Edwardsville … Purdue has won all three games by at least 27 points … Purdue is now 20-0 against members of the Ohio Valley Conference.
• Purdue improved to 99-21 all-time in season openers, including 12-1 under head coach Matt Painter … Purdue has won five straight season openers … the last four season-opening wins have come by an average of 39.0 points per game.
• Purdue has now won eight straight home games by an average of 19.8 points per game … the eight-game win streak marks the eighth homecourt winning streak of eight or more games during the Matt Painter era.
• Purdue has reached the century mark in two straight season openers, scoring 109 last year against McNeese State and 105 points this year against SIU-Edwardsville … Purdue scored 100-plus points in back-to-back season openers for the first time since the 1997-98 and 1998-99 openers … Purdue has now won 87 straight games when scoring 90 or more points, dating to Nov. 24, 1987 … Purdue scored 50 points in each half for the first time scoring Nov. 13, 2013, vs. Central Connecticut State.
• Purdue’s eight blocks were its most since having 11 against Michigan State on Feb. 9, 2016.
• Purdue improved to 41-2 in home games during the month of November under Painter.
• Purdue improved to 61-4 since the start of the 2014-15 season when attempting more free throws than its opponent.
• Purdue’s 59.0 field goal percentage was its highest in a season opener since shooting 77.0 percent against LIU Brooklyn to begin the 1997-98 season … Purdue’s 59.0 field goal percentage was the 10th-best percentage in a game during the Matt Painter era.
• Over its last 42 home games, Purdue is now 39-3.
• SIU-Edwardsville’s 24 offensive rebounds were the fifth most in a game by an opponent against Purdue.
• Purdue is now 25-5 when Dakota Mathias scores 10 or more points in a game … he totaled 18 points, four rebounds and three assists … Mathias surpassed 700 career points in the win.
• Matt Haarms scored 11 points with five rebounds, two blocks, two steals and one assist in 18 minutes in his first career action.
• Nojel Eastern scored eight points with eight assists and five rebounds in 21 minutes in his first career game.