Mishawaka, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s basketball opened up Crossroads League play for the third straight season against Taylor, ranked No. 15 in the nation, and finished with a 94-90 victory.
- Score: Bethel def. Taylor 94-90
- Records: Bethel (8-1, 1-0) | Taylor (7-1, 0-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 22 | Taylor – No. 15
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Gage Ott: 28 pts, 12-16 fg, 6 reb
- Kyle Hartman: 6 pts, 8 ast, 3 reb
- Paul Forman: 11 pts, 14 reb, 4 ast
- Ryan Lutz: 16 pts, 4-5 3-pt, 4-4 ft
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots outrebounded the Trojans 41-35 and outscored the visitors 13-3 in second chance points.
- Ryan Lutz notched a Pilot career-high 16 points on 4-of-5 three-point shooting.
- Paul Forman finished with his double-double this season, with 11 points and a career-high 14 rebounds.
- The Pilots have won 24 consecutive games in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. Their last loss was a 59-62 defeat to Goshen (Ind.) on Feb. 13, 2016. The Pilots are 34-2 since the start of the 2015-16 on Mike Lightfoot Court.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots continue Crossroads League play with a road trip to Huntington next Tuesday, November 28, and a 7:00 pm tip-off. The Pilots have won four of their last five games in the Merillat Complex and hold a 22-28 all-time record playing at Huntington.