MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University men’s basketball team ended their six-game losing streak on Saturday with an 89-72 victory over Goshen in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. TreVion Crews led all scorers with 24 points, while Nick Pluta finished with 14 points on 5-of-8 shooting, along with 5 rebounds.
- Score: Bethel def. Goshen 89-72
- Records: Bethel (20-10, 8-10) | Goshen (4-26, 0-18)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 25 | Goshen – not rated
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- TreVion Crews – 24 pts, 7 reb, 4 ast
- Nick Pluta – 14 pts, 5 reb, 5-of-8 fg
- Nathan Aerts – 14 pts, 4 reb, 6-of-7 fg
- Grant Gelon – 11 pts, 3 reb, 3-of-10 3-pt
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots ended their six-game losing streak. With the win, coupled with losses by Taylor and Mount Vernon Nazarene, the Pilots secured the 7-seed in the upcoming Crossroads League Tournament Quarterfinals.
- The Pilots outrebounded the Maple Leafs 48-29.
- The Pilots hit double-digit three-pointers for the 17th time this season, but just the third time in the last nine games. The Pilots are 14-3 when they make at least ten three-pointers.
- The Pilots secured a half-point in the US Highway 20 Cup standings, to push the Pilot lead to 7.5-3.5. With the win, the Pilots are ensured of at least a tie in the US Highway 20 Cup, holding a four-point lead with four sports remaining this year.
- The Pilots travel to Indianapolis to take on No. 5 Marian in the Crossroads League Tournament Quarterfinals on Wednesday at 7 pm. The Knights are the 2-seed while the Pilots are the 7-seed.