#3 Iowa 99, Western Illinois 58
- All-American Luka Garza recorded his 23rd career double-double, totaling 35 points, 10 rebounds, and two blocks tonight. Garza tallied his 20th point with 6:30 remaining in the first half. Garza has posted 20 points or more 19 consecutive games, dating back to last season. That ties N.C. State’s T.J. Warren (2013-14) for the longest streak by a major conference player over the last 20 seasons.
- Luka Garza outscored Western Illinois by himself in the first stanza tonight, 30-26. Garza surpassed Matt Gatens for eighth place on Iowa’s all-time scoring chart in the first half. Garza has scored 30 points or more in the first half in each of Iowa’s last two contests.
- Luka Garza, who scored his 100th point in his third game of the season, is averaging 27.3 points in the first half of Iowa’s first three games.
- Jack Nunge played in his first game of the season following the unexpected passing of his father and tied a career high with 18 points.
- Iowa recorded scoring runs of 18-2 spanning 3:51 in the first half and 22-2 spanning 4:27 in the second half.
- Jordan Bohannon dished out five assists tonight surpassing B.J. Armstrong for fifth in Iowa career assists.
- Iowa opened its season with 97+ points in each of its first three games for the first time since 1997-98.
- Iowa has won 16 of its last 17 games inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena, dating back to last season.
- Iowa improved to 10-0 all-time against Western Illinois.
Iowa (3-0) returns to action Tuesday against nationally-ranked North Carolina (3-1) in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Tipoff is set for 6:30 p.m. (CT) on Mediacom Court at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.