FINAL: #3 Iowa 93, #16 North Carolina 80
- All-American Luka Garza recorded his 24th career double-double, totaling 16 points, 14 rebounds, and four blocks. Garza’s totals tonight moved him past Ronnie Lester for seventh all-time in Iowa scoring.
- CJ Fredrick netted a season high 21 points, 16 of which came in the first half. He equaled a personal best with five 3-pointers.
- Iowa made a season-high 17 3-pointers tonight, starting the contest making seven of its first nine attempts. The 17 3-pointers tie the most by a team in the history of the 21-year ACC/Big Ten Challenge event (16 by Virginia versus Northwestern in 2007).
- Iowa has won its last four ACC/Big Ten Challenge home games: Notre Dame (2013), Florida State (2015), Pitt (2018), and North Carolina. The Hawkeyes have won six of its last eight Challenge games, including two victories over the Tar Heels.
- Jordan Bohannon tallied a season-high 24 points tonight to move into Iowa’s top 20 in career scoring passing James Moses. The senior drained a season-best seven triples, which ties for the second most by an individual player in any ACC/Big Ten Challenge contest.
- Iowa opened its season with 93+ points in each of its first four games for the first time since 1997-98.
- Iowa has won 16 of its last 17 games inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena, dating back to last season.
Iowa returns to action Friday against instate rival Iowa State (1-1) in the Iowa Corn Game. Tipoff is set for 8 p.m. (CT) on Mediacom Court at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.