BOURBONNAIS, Illi. – After a devastating finish to the 2019-2020 season, No. 3 Indiana Wesleyan men’s basketball’s return to the hardwood didn’t disappoint, with the Wildcats earning a 35-point victory over No. 17 Olivet Nazarene. IWU featured four players scoring 20-points or more, led by transfer Junior Dylan Alderson who poured in 26 with his red and gray debut.
MANGAS MAKES HISTORY
- Senior Kyle Mangas continues to leave his mark on the Wildcat program, scoring his 2,500 point in his career. He is the only player in men’s basketball hoops history to score 2,500 points.
NEARLY A TRIPLE DOUBLE
- Junior Seth Maxwell finished one block shy of a triple-double in 30-minutes of action. Maxwell finished the game with 20 points and 14 rebounds, while shooting 10-of-17 from the floor.
- Indiana All-Start freshman Tayson Parker took the game by storm, earning his first collegiate bucket by way of a Kyle Mangas alley-oop. Parker finished the contest with 30 points, while shooting 3-of-5 from deep.
- Dylan Alderson, a transfer in from Toldeo, played a Wildcat high 33 minutes in the contest shooting 11-for-15 from the floor and 2-of-4 from deep for 26 points.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Wildcats tip it up Friday when they host Cornerstone University at 7:30 p.m.
- This will be the first basketball game on the newly updated Luckey court.