No. 4 Indiana Faces No. 3 Arizona In NCAA Regional Final Monday Night
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – No. 4 Indiana will play for a spot in the Final Four on Monday night when it faces No. 3 seed Arizona in the NCAA Regional Semifinal. Tipoff at the Alamodome is set for 9 p.m. ET on ESPN.
- 4 INDIANA (20-5) VS. NO. 3 ARIZONA
Saturday, March 27, 2021 • 9 p.m. ET • NCAA Tournament Regional Final
Alamodome • San Antonio, Texas
Broadcast: ESPN (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli, LaChina Robinson)
ABOUT THE COACHES
|Teri Moren||Aida Barnes|
|Career Record: 346-209 (18th Season)||Career Record: 86-65 (5th Season)|
|Indiana Record: 147-79 (7th Season)||Arizona Record: Same|
ABOUT THE WILDCATS
Arizona also advances to its first Elite Eight in school history as it posted wins over Stony Brook, BYU and Texas A&M. They are led by All-American senior guard Aari McDonald who averages 19.8 points and 4.2 assists per game. Junior forward Cate Reese adds 11.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game. The Wildcats are averaging 66.8 points per game and shooting 41.5 percent from the floor.
Series tied at 1-1
12/12/99 – L, 70-87 (Tucson, Ariz.)
- The Hoosiers advance to its first NCAA Elite Eight after defeating NC State, 73-70, on Saturday night. All five starters scored in double figures behind 17 points from senior guard Ali Patberg.
- Through three games in the NCAA Tournament, three Hoosiers are averaging double figures led by junior guard Grace Berger with 16.3 points per game while Patberg adds 15.1 points and sophomore forward Mackenzie Holmes adds 14.3 points per game.
- Junior forward Aleksa Gulbe paces the Hoosiers on the glass in their tournament run, with 11.7 boards per game.
- With the win on Saturday night, senior guard Keyanna Warthen became the program’s all-time winningest player with 89 career victories. The record was previously held by Kym Royster (2014-18).
- Indiana is now 6-6 all-time in the NCAA Tournament with five of IU’s six wins belonging to seventh year head coach Teri Moren.
The winner of Monday’s game advances to the national semifinal on April 2nd against the winner of UConn/Baylor.