MARION, Ind. – The Bethel University women’s volleyball team traveled to one of the hottest teams in the nation on Friday, taking on undefeated and 4th-ranked Indiana Wesleyan. Despite pulling close, the Pilots fell in three to the Crossroads League-leading Wildcats.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Bethel 25-16, 25-21, 25-17
- Records: Bethel (7-14, 2-6) | Indiana Wesleyan (19-0, 8-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Indiana Wesleyan – No. 4
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Ind.
- Abby Armold – 6 block assists, 3 kills
- Madyson Beaver – 4 kills, 16 assists, 4 block assists
- Payton Hart – 8 kills, 2 block assists
- Bridget Downs – 17 digs
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Abby Armold recorded her fourth match of the season with at least four block assists, helping with six rejections on the day. As a team, the Pilots notched their 11th match of the season with double-digit block assists.
- The Pilots 6.1-percent attack was their eighth time this season falling below 10-percent hitting. The Pilots came into the day ranked 9th-of-10 in the Crossroads League in hitting percentage.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots continue their road trip this weekend with a visit to Mount Vernon, Ohio to take on Mount Vernon Nazarene on Saturday at 2:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “We did some great things in tonight’s match but struggled to pass well and keep ourselves in system. We are beginning to limit our errors and that will make a big difference as we head into the second round of conference.