MARION, Ind. — Indiana Wesleyan softball hosted fourth ranked Marian (Ind.) on Saturday but lost both ends of the doubleheader. Errors were costly for Indiana Wesleyan with six unearned runs allowed in the pair of losses.
- Score Game 1: Marian def. Indiana Wesleyan, 4-1
- Score Game 2: Marian def. Indiana Wesleyan, 7-3
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 21-9, 8-6 Crossroads League | Marian 23-1, 14-0 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Receiving votes | Marian – No. 4
- Location: Wildcat Field | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Ind.
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Marian scored all four of their runs in the 1st inning. IWU committed three errors in the inning which led to three unearned runs.
- IWU scored in the 3rd inning to make it a 4-1 game. Kaisey Carson and Sara Kreitzer hit back-to-back doubles to put Indiana Wesleyan on the board.
- Indiana Wesleyan was unable to bring the tying run to the plate over the final four innings.
- Kaisey Carson: 7 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K; 3-for-3, 2B, R
- Sara Kreitzer: 2-for-3, 2 2B, RBI
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- The Knights once again scored early with a two run 1st inning. MU led 4-0 as Indiana Wesleyan came to bat in the 4th inning.
- The Wildcats produced a three run 4th inning to narrow the deficit to 4-3. Kira Madl hit an RBI double and Kaisey Carson drilled a two out, two run double.
- Marian added on to their lead with a run in the 5th and two more in the 6th inning for the 7-3 advantage.
- The Knights outhit the Wildcats 14-8.
- Carlie Weaver: 5 IP, 10 H, 5 R, 2 ER, BB, K; 0-for-1, 2 BB
- Kaisey Carson: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- Kira Madl: 2-for-2, 2B, RBI, R, SB
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan travels east to Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio) for a doubleheader on Tuesday. The first pitch is scheduled for 3 p.m. in Mount Vernon, Ohio.