INDIANAPOLIS – The Bethel University women’s basketball team battled for four quarters against No. 4 Marian but could not muster the upset in the end, losing 80-65. Kelsey Brickner led all players with 27 points and pulled down a team-high 10 rebounds for her first career double-double.
- Score: Marian def. Bethel 80-65
- Records: Bethel (7-20, 1-14) | Marian (24-3, 13-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Marian – No. 4
- Location: Physical Education Center | Marian University | Indianapolis, Ind.
- Kelsey Brickner – 27 pts, 10 reb, 4 stl
- Savannah Feenstra – 11 pts, 6 reb, 4-of-8 fg
- Maci Heimlich – 10 pts, 2-of-4 3-pt
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Kelsey Brickner tied a season-high with 27 points and recorded her first career double-double with a career-high 10 rebounds. Brickner moved into the top 20 in program history in career points, finishing the night at 1,086 career points in 19th place.
- The Pilots committed 21 turnovers and allowed Marian to score 30 points off of the miscues.
- Despite giving up 20 offensive rebounds, the Pilots only allowed 18 second chance points to the hosts. However, Marian did have 23 more field goal attempts in the game than the Pilots.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Saturday to take on (RV) Huntington at 1 pm.