#5 Iowa 96, Northwestern 73
- Iowa has won five straight games, dating back to Dec. 29, with three of the five victories coming on the road (Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern).
- Iowa’s 96 points today are the most scored by the Hawkeyes in Evanston in 34 years (103 points on March 5, 1987).
- The Hawkeyes have won 13 of the last 16 meetings against Northwestern, including six straight.
- All-American Luka Garza totaled 17 points, 10 rebounds, and two blocked shots in only 24 minutes of action for his sixth double-double of the season and 26th of his career.
- Iowa, who leads the Big Ten in 3-point shooting, sank 10 triples today, including three by Jordan Bohannon. The Hawkeyes improved to 9-0 this season when Bohannon makes multiple 3-pointers. Bohannon finished today’s contest with 11 points, the fifth consecutive contest in double figures for the redshirt senior.
- Redshirt sophomore Jack Nunge registered 12 points today, his highest point total since Dec. 11 against Iowa State (17 points).
- The Hawkeyes recorded their 19th scoring run of 10-0 or better this season with a 13-0 scoring surge in the first half.
- Iowa returns to action on Thursday against Indiana (8-6, 3-4). Tipoff is scheduled for 8:07 p.m. (CT) on Mediacom Court at Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City, Iowa.