MADISON, Wis. – The fifth-ranked Wisconsin volleyball team came up short, falling to No. 3 Minnesota, 16-25, 25-22, 25-19, 25-19, on Wednesday night in the UW Field House.
- Sophomore Dana Rettke set a school record with 30 kills in the match. The previous mark was 27 kills by three athletes under 25-point rally scoring.
- Minnesota remains undefeated in Big Ten play at 13-0 and improves to 19-2 overall. The Badgers fall to 16-5, 9-4.
- Wisconsin took a set off the Golden Gophers, only the third set they have lost this Big Ten season.
- The Badgers recorded a higher hitting percentage than Minnesota, hitting .296 (60 kills – 13 errors – 159 attempts) while holding the Golden Gophers to .272 (66-20-169). Minnesota entered the match at .302 for the season, the top team in the Big Ten and the No. 3 team nationally.
- Junior Tiffany Clark led all players with 19 digs.