WINONA LAKE, Ind. – Kyle Mangas poured in 29 points and No. 6 Indiana Wesleyan University men’s basketball opened Crossroads League play with a convincing 87-68 win at Grace (Ind.) in Winona Lake, Indiana. The Wildcats opened a 20 point halftime lead and cruised the rest of the way for their fourth consecutive win vs. the Lancers.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Grace, 87-68
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 7-1, 1-0 Crossroads League | Grace 5-4, 01
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 6 | Grace – Not ranked
- Location: Orthopedic Capitol Center | Grace College | Winona Lake, Indiana
- Jacob Johnson: 14 points, 11 rebounds
- Evan Maxwell: 11 points, 6 rebounds
- Joel Okafor: 6 points, 5 assists, 0 turnovers, 3 steals
- Kyle Mangas: 29 points, 12-18 FG, 5-9 3FG, 5 rebounds
- Grant Smith: 11 rebounds
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Indiana Wesleyan shot 53.0-percent (35 of 66) from the field for the game, including 63.9-percent (23 of 36) in the first half.
- IWU had 16 turnovers to just 8 turnovers while Grace committed 19 turnovers.
- The Wildcats held a 38-20 advantage in points in the paint and a 21-5 advantage in second chance points.
- Indiana Wesleyan led 52-32 at halftime.
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan is off for one week and plays again next Tuesday night at home against Goshen (Ind.). The Crossroads League home opener for the Wildcats is at 7 p.m. in Luckey Arena.