MARION, Ind. – No. 6 Indiana Wesleyan University men’s basketball attempted a season-high 43 free throws on Tuesday night in a 90-72 victory against Grace Bible (Mich.). IWU connected on 31 free throws, which is the most for the Wildcats in over three years, and seven players sank three or more charity shots.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Grace Bible, 90-72
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 5-0 | Grace Bible 2-2
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 6 | Grace Bible – Not ranked (NCCAA II)
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
- Ben Carlson: 10 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals
- Jacob Johnson: 12 points, 4 rebounds
- Trevor Waite: 9 points, 3 steals, 2 assists
- Kyle Mangas: 12 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
- Grant Smith: 8 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks
- Canaan Coffey: 9 points, 3 steals
- Evan Maxwell: 16 points, 5 rebounds
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Indiana Wesleyan held a sizable advantage at the foul line. IWU was 31-of-43 (72.1-pecent) from the stripe while Grace Bible was just 7-of-9 (77.8-percent). The 31 free throws made and 43 free throw attempts is the most for the Wildcats since a 35-of-57 night vs. Oklahoma Wesleyan on March 14, 2014.
- Midway through the second half the Wildcats held a slim 67-61 advantage. IWU used a 16-1 run over the next 6 minutes to build a commanding 21-point lead at 83-62.
COACH TONAGEL SAYS…
- “There is a big discrepancy in free throws but I feel like we earned those free throws. When you have Evan Maxwell down low he can command a lot. And I thought our guards did a good job of getting in the paint. We got to the line and that is a mark of a good team. We are learning how to score in different ways.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan returns in 48 hours for a Thursday matchup with Northwestern Ohio. Tip is at 7 p.m. in Luckey Arena.