Ohio State, Notre Dame and Wisconsin Earn Three Stars
Romeo named first star after leading Buckeyes to weekend sweep of No. 17/- Michigan
Sean Romeo, Ohio State
G – Jr. – Cary, N.C.
- Posted a .952 save percentage and 1.50 goals-against average as the Buckeyes swept No. 17/- Michigan to improve to 12-2-2 in their last 16 contests
- Stopped all 32 shots faced on Friday for his second career shutout and first in Big Ten play
- Made 28 saves in Saturday, including 17 in the third period, to complete the Buckeyes’ first season sweep of Michigan since the 1985-86 season
- Earns his third career weekly award
- Last Ohio State First Star honoree: Sean Romeo on Dec. 12, 2017
- Last Ohio State honoree: Tanner Laczynski (Second Star) on Jan. 16, 2018
Ryan Wagner, Wisconsin
F – Sr. – Park Ridge, Ill.
- Led the Big Ten with four points on the weekend, helping the Badgers go 1-0-1-1 against Penn State
- Recorded assists on Wisconsin’s second and fourth goals in Friday’s 4-2 win
- Netted an unassisted short-handed goal in the second period on Saturday to cut the deficit to one, before registering an assist on the Badgers’ third goal
- Earns his second career weekly award and first of the season
- Last Wisconsin honoree: Jack Berry (Second Star) on Jan. 23, 2018
Cale Morris, Notre Dame
G – So. – Larkspur, Colo.
- Backstopped Notre Dame to a weekend split at Minnesota, making 49 saves for a .961 save percentage
- Stopped 33 of 34 shots faced on Friday, including 31 in regulation
- Turned aside 16 shots faced on Saturday for his NCAA-leading 19th win of the season
- Earns his seventh career weekly award
- Last Notre Dame honoree: Cale Morris (Second Star) on Jan. 9, 2018