Pilots Drop Final Game of Series
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College baseball team could not keep one of the Crossroads League’s toughest offenses off the board late in the third of a three-game series with the Huntington Foresters, losing 7-3 on Monday afternoon inside Jenkins Stadium. Andrew Bobeck cruised through six full innings, allowing no runs on just one hit, before running into trouble in the seventh.
- Score: Huntington def. Bethel 7-3
- Records: Bethel (8-13, 4-5) | Huntington (11-7, 7-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Huntington – not rated
- Location: Jenkins Stadium | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kawambee Moss: 2-5, SB, R
- Mason Love: 1-4, 2B
- Jake Schalasky: 0-2, RBI
- Andrew Bobeck: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, L, 6 K, 5 BB
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots took the first lead of the ballgame in the fifth inning in a game that featured two combined hits through six full innings.
- The Foresters broke out in the seventh and eighth innings, sending seven to the plate in the seventh and nine to the plate in the eighth to score seven unanswered runs to take a commanding 7-1 lead.
- The Pilots answered back with two in the bottom of the eighth but were unable to catch the Foresters in the decisive game in the series.
- The Pilots left nine on base, including five in the seventh and eighth innings combined.
- The Pilots welcome IU South Bend into Jenkins Stadium on Tuesday for a non-conference game beginning at 3 pm.