MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College baseball team sent 14 batters to the plate in the second inning on Friday afternoon, scoring 11 of them, to lead to a rout of Marian 17-8 at Jenkins Stadium. Six Pilots finished with multiple RBIs, while seven scored two runs each in the best offensive performance since scoring 20 runs on September 30 against OSU-Mansfield.
- Score: Bethel def. Marian 17-8
- Records: Bethel (15-25, 6-17) | Marian (18-23, 12-11)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Marian – not rated
- Location: Jenkins Stadium | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Mason Love: 3-5, 2B, 4 RBI, R
- Sean Luzon: 3-5, 3 RBI, 2 R
- Mike Wathier: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI, R
- Collin Affolder: 2-4, 3 RBI, 2 R, 2 BB
- Josh King: 6.0 IP, W, 5 ER, 7 K, 5 BB
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Knights scored the first five runs on the game in their first two at bats before the Pilots’ bats exploded in the home half of the second inning.
- Sean Luzon batted twice in the second inning and again twice in the fifth inning, as the Pilots sent double-digit batters to the plate in the fifth inning.
- The Pilots pounded out 14 hits, with four going for extra bases, and left seven on base. The Pilots took 7 base on balls and 4 hit by pitches as well.
- Josh King got five of his first six outs courtesy of the strike out. King totaled 7 punchouts in the game, upping his team-leading total to 66 strikeouts in 56.0 innings pitched this season.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots continue their three-game series with Marian at Jenkins Stadium on Saturday afternoon, as they celebrate Senior Day. First pitch of game one is scheduled for 12:00 pm.