Pilots Battle but Fall Short of Upset
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s soccer team put a scare in NAIA No. 17 Marian at Morey Field on Wednesday night, but could not keep the Knights off the scoreboard in a 2-1 defeat. The result marks the first loss for the season in which the Pilots have scored a goal.
- Score: Marian def. Bethel 2-1
- Records: Bethel (3-7-4, 1-5-0) | Marian (9-3-3, 4-1-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Marian – No. 17
- Location: Morey Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 3’ | Paige Newton (MU) unassisted
- 61’ | Bri Jackson (BC) assisted by Lizzie Hart
- 65’ | Noelle Jester (MU) unassisted
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots have lost their fifth straight match—matching last year’s longest losing streak.
- Marian is rated No. 17 in the latest Top 25 poll—the fifth of six straight opponents Pilots that have been ranked or receiving votes at the time the Pilots have played them.
- Bri Jackson netted her first goal of the season to knot the score at one apiece early in the second half.
- The Pilots put one more shot on goal than the Knights (6-5).
QUOTES FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “I loved the output and technical and tactical level from our women tonight. We battled back really well in the second half and while we didn’t quite get the result we wanted, I’m proud of this group.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Marion, Indiana to take on (RV) Indiana Wesleyan on Saturday at 2:00 pm.