PILOTS CAN’T MATCH NO. 1 MARIAN IN SEMIFINALS
INDIANAPOLIS– Bethel Volleyball ended their quest for a Crossroads League Tournament Championship in the semifinals on Thursday, falling in straight sets to NAIA No. 1 Marian. The Pilots fell by razor thin margins in the first two games before dropping the third and final game. Isabelle North led the Pilots with 10 kills and 5 blocks.
- Score: Marian def. Bethel 25-23, 27-25, 25-17
- Records: Bethel (15-4) | Marian (12-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Marian – No. 1
- Location:MU Arena | Marian University | Indianapolis, Ind.
- Isabelle North: 10kills, .318 hitting percentage, 5 blocks
- Cheyanne Seymour: 8 kills, 2 blocks
- Maddy Payne: 6 kills, 5 blocks
- Abby Armold: 2 kills, 4 blocks
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Abby Armold moved into top ten in program history in career blocks. She now sits in 10th with 358 total blocks.
- Isabelle North recorded her fifth match with at least 10 kills and 5 blocks—secon in the Crossroads League to teammate Maddy Payne‘s six such matches.
- The Pilots recorded their 13thmatch with double digit team blocks. They lead the nation with 223 blocks on the season.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots will compete in the NCCAA National Championship in Saint Paul, Minn. beginning on Thursday, November 12 with a Pool Play matchup against Campbellsville (Ky.) at 10:00 am. The Pilots are the No. 2 seed in the tournament.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “Our blocking was off and missed the mark. Marian hit shots and we were slow to defend our court. Disappointing finish for the conference season. We want more for ourselves and we have to work hard to be better.”