Pilots Continue Undefeated Start to Season
FORT WAYNE, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s basketball team recorded their eighth straight win to open the season on Friday night, withstanding a second half run from Lincoln to earn an 87-77 win. Coach Ryne Lightfoot earned his 30th career win in just 40 games—the quickest coach in Crossroads League history to reach the mark.
- Game Score: Bethel def. Lincoln 87-77
- Records: Bethel (8-0) | Lincoln (4-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – No. 23 | Lincoln – Not rated
- Location: Hutzell Athletic Center | University of Saint Francis | Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Paul Forman: 21 pts, 4 reb, 8-9 fg
- Trevion Crews: 20 pts, 5 reb, 8-10 ft
- Ryan Lutz: 14 pts, 4 reb, 4-7 3-pt
- Kyle Hartman: 13 pts, 2 stl, 2-3 3-pt
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots held their largest lead at halftime at 37-22 but allowed the Lynx to go on a 16-2 run to open the second half to pull within 39-38 with 14:53 remaining. It remained a one possession game until the Pilots retook control with a 13-2 run to take a 62-50 lead with 8:14 remaining.
- Ryne Lightfoot recorded his 30th career win to become the quickest coach in Crossroads League history to 30 career wins, doing so in just 40 games.
- The Pilots forced the Lynx into 21 turnovers and converted them into 18 points off turnovers.
- Kyle Hartman converted on a career-high 2-of-3 three-point field goals.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots continue on Saturday in the Northern Lakes Insurance Classic hosted by Saint Francis (Ind.) in Fort Wayne and take on No. 2 IU East (Ind.) on with a 1 pm tip-off.