GOSHEN, Ind. – The Bethel College softball team jumped in front of Goshen 3-0 after two innings of play of a double header but were outscored 14-1 in the remaining ten innings to drop 4-3 and 10-1 ballgames.
- Game 1 Score: Goshen def. Bethel 4-3
- Game 2 Score: Goshen def. Bethel 10-1
- Records: Bethel (2-20, 1-13) | Goshen (11-20, 3-9)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Goshen – not rated
- Location: Ingold Athletic Complex | Goshen College | Goshen, Ind.
- Shelby Prows: 3-4, 2 RBI, R
- Hunter Brummett: 4-7
- Kathryn Childers: 1-3, R
- Victoria Ebersol: 0-2, SB, R
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots scored three runs in the top of the second inning of game one, after Bethany Hogg and Victoria Ebersol reached on errors, Shelby Prows delivered a two-run single to center and would later come around to score on a Haley Stinson single to right-center.
- The Maple Leafs tied the game in the fourth inning on a two-run home run by Leah Herrman. They would later score the go-ahead run in the sixth inning and the Pilots could not manage the game-tying run in the top of the seventh to end the game.
- The Maple Leafs scored multiple runs in each of the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth innings to score a 10-1 victory in game two. The Pilots scored their lone run in the top of the sixth with two outs as Kathryn Childers scored from second base on a Goshen wild throw off a Hunter Brummett single.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to Gardner Field on Tuesday afternoon to take on Saint Francis (Ind.). First pitch of the double header is scheduled for 3:00 pm.