MOUNT VERNON, Ohio – The Bethel College Pilots’ men’s basketball team dropped their postseason opener on Wednesday night, losing to fourth-seeded and NAIA No. 11 Mount Vernon Nazarene 81-66 in the Crossroads League Tournament quarterfinals. Paul Forman and Trevion Crews combined for 49 points in the dismal defeat.
- Game Score: Mount Vernon Nazarene def. Bethel 81-66
- Records: Bethel (21-10) | Mount Vernon Nazarene (25-6)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 20 | Mount Vernon Nazarene – No. 11
- Location: Ariel Arena | Mount Vernon Nazarene University | Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Paul Forman – 29 pts, 11 rebs, 9-9 fg
- Trevion Crews – 20 pts, 8 reb, 5-6 ft
- Rest of the Team – 17 pts, 22 rebs, 6 ast
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Pilots are 0-6 against Mount Vernon Nazarene in the past two seasons, including first round exits in the Crossroads League quarterfinals in each of the last two postseason openers.
- Paul Forman recorded his second straight double-double with a season-high 29 points to go along with 11 rebounds.
- The Pilots managed a season-worst 6 assists to 10 turnovers on the night. The Pilots came into the game as the nation’s 7th-best team in assist-to-turnover ratio at 1.472.
- The Pilots will await a possible At Large berth to the NAIA National Championship on March 6-12 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The bracket will be announced Wednesday, February 27 at 6 pm on Play NAIA’s facebook page.