Pilots Fall to No. 9 Concordia in WHAC Debut
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The Bethel College women’s lacrosse team faced a juggernaut in NAIA No. 9 Concordia (Mich.) in their debut game as part of the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference and fell 17-2 to the nation’s No. 6-ranked offensive team. Katie Root and Kennedy Lower tallied the lone goals for the Pilots.
- Score: Concordia def. Bethel 17-2
- Records: Bethel (0-5, 0-1) | Concordia (6-1, 2-0)
- NAIA Top 10 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Concordia – No. 9
- Location: Cardinal Stadium | Concordia University | Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Katie Root: 1 goal, 2 shots
- Kennedy Lower: 1 goal, 2 shots, 3 draw controls
- Hope VanProyen: 6 ground balls
- Grace McCarthy: 5 ground balls, 5 draw controls
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots fell behind 8-0 in the game’s first 25 minutes before Katie Root put the Pilots on the board.
- The Cardinals added nine more straight goals until Kennedy Lower tallied her score with 72 seconds remaining in the match.
- The Pilots were held to just 8 total shots on the day and committed 39 turnovers in a tough day offensively.
- The Pilots return to Morey Field on Wednesday to take on Rochester (Mich.) in WHAC action at 5 pm.