La Crosse, Wis. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s basketball suffered their first defeat of the season on Saturday afternoon to Viterbo (Wis.), struggling to just 39.6% shooting from the field.
- Score: Viterbo def. Bethel 76-64
- Records: Bethel (7-1) | Viterbo (6-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 22 | Viterbo – not rated
- Location: R.W. Beggs Senior Gymnasium | Viterbo University | La Crosse, Wis.
- Gage Ott: 25 points, 9-11 fg, 9 reb
- Kyle Hartman: 8 pts, 10 reb, 4 ast
- Paul Forman: 14 pts, 10 reb, 2-2 3fg
- Grant Gayler: 8 pts, 1 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots trailed from start to finish, getting as close as one point as late as 9:47 remaining in the game, and trailed by as many as 13 points.
- The Pilots committed 16 turnovers and the V-Hawks turned them into 20 points, outscoring the Pilots in that category 20-2.
- Paul Forman notched his third double-double of the season with 14 points and 10 rebounds. It’s the first Pilots’ loss in six career Forman double-doubles.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots begin Crossroads League play at home on Tuesday, as they welcome No. 15 Taylor into the Wiekamp Athletic Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 pm, following the women’s basketball matchup against Taylor and first-year Trojan women’s coach and Bethel men’s basketball all-time great Jody Martinez.