VERO BEACH, Fla. – The Bethel College baseball team pushed across six runs in the top of the ninth inning to overcome a 9-6 deficit to take a 12-9 lead but could not hold it, allowing Miami-Hamilton to walk it off with four runs in the final at bat to win 13-12, the Harriers third win in six days against the Pilots.
- Score: Miami-Hamilton def. Bethel 13-12
- Records: Bethel (6-6) | Miami-Hamilton (5-5)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Miami-Hamilton – not rated
- Location: Historic Dodgertown Field 2 | Vero Beach, Fla.
- Luke Adams: 4-5, 2 2B, 3B, 4 RBI, 2 R
- Jesse Zepeda: 3-6, 2 RBI, 1 R
- Mike Wathier: 3-6, 1 RBI, 1 R
- Eric Kelver: 3-5, 2B, 1 RBI, 1R
- Rocci Beebe: 2-3, 2B, 1 RBI, 1 R
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots managed five extra-base hits in the game, including three from Luke Adams. The Pilots rank 9th in NAIA DII in slugging percentage at .547.
- Syam Lafi stole his seventh base in eight attempts this season, leading the Pilots in pilfers through 12 games.
- The Pilots battled back from a 7-2 deficit thru five innings to post multi-run innings in the sixth, seventh, and ninth to take a 12-9 lead before giving up the decisive advantage.
- The Pilots now have totaled double-digits in the hit column in seven of their 12 games this season, and rank 4th in the NAIA DII in batting average at .358.
COACH ZARTMAN SAYS
- It was a tough, hard fought battle on the field today. Unfortunately, we came out on the wrong side of this one, but I was very pleased with our effort and don’t-quit attitude.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to Indiana for a double header on Wednesday, March 14 against IU Kokomo in Kokomo, Indiana, with first pitch of game 1 starting at 1pm. The Pilots open up play at Patterson Field on Friday and Saturday, March 16-17 against Indiana Wesleyan with a nine-inning game on Friday at 3pm and a double-header starting at 12pm.