Fry Nets Lone Goal in Season-Opening Shutout Win
PONTIAC, Mich. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s soccer team opened their 2018 season on the road against Rochester (Mich.) and came away with a 1-0 shutout victory. Senior Jessi Fry broke the scoreless tie in the 75th minute for the first goal of the season and the Pilot defense held the shutout the final 15 minutes to put away the win.
- Score: Bethel def. Rochester 1-0
- Records: Bethel (1-0-0) | Rochester (0-1-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Rochester – not rated
- Location: Ultimate Soccer Arenas | Pontiac, Mich.
- 75’ | Jessi Fry (BC) | unassisted
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots earned their first season-opening victory since August 25, 2012—a 6-2 victory against PU Calumet (Ind.).
- The Pilots move to 3-0 all-time against Rochester.
- Jessi Fry’s tally is the sixth goal of her career. She recorded a career-high 3 goals a season ago.
QUOTES FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “We did a really good job with our organization in the attack today and created a lot of good opportunities getting numbers forward. Our back line was solid and our keepers did really well directing and supporting the play.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots make a trip across town to take on Holy Cross (Ind.) on Saturday at 12:00 pm on the campus of Holy Cross in Notre Dame, Indiana.