Pilots Hang Tough, Drop Two at Fifth-Ranked Marian
INDIANAPOLIS – The Bethel College softball team faced a tough task in traveling to NAIA No. 5 Marian on Saturday afternoon to face them in a double header and dropped both games on the day by scores of 3-2 and 3-0. The Pilots held one of the nation’s best offenses to their lowest scoring output of any double header since their opening day on March 8.
- Game 1 Score: Marian def. Bethel 3-2
- Game 2 Score:Marian def. Bethel 3-0
- Records: Bethel (3-11, 0-4) | Marian (16-0, 6-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Marian – No. 5
- Location: MU Softball Diamond | Marian University | Indianapolis, Ind.
GAME 1 STAT TRACKER
- Karis Brewer: 3-3, R
- Quinn Slattman: 1-4, 2B, R
- Hannah Darling: 0-2, 2 RBI
- Haley Stinson: 4.1 IP, 2 ER, 8 H
GAME 2 STAT TRACKER
- Hannah Darling: 1-2
- Haley Stinson: 1-3
- Megan Riley: 1-2
- Brooke Stoltz: 6.0 IP, 0 ER, 6 H, 4 K
INSIDE THE BOXSCORES
- The Pilots held the nation’s No. 26-ranked team in terms of runs scored per game (6.714 per game) to just six total runs on the day.
- For the second double header in a row, Brooke Stoltz took the loss in game two without allowing an earned run.
- The Pilots left eight runners on base in game one.
- The Pilots travel to Goshen to take on the Maple Leafs on Tuesday with a double header set to begin at 3 pm.