Pilots Hang Tough, Fall Short at No. 1 CMU
FAYETTE, Mo. – The Bethel University men’s soccer team battled the No. 1 team in the nation on Friday night, but came up just short in a 1-0 defeat to Central Methodist. The Pilots only managed 5 shots in the match as the only goal in the match came off a corner kick by the Eagles in the 52nd minute.
- Score: Central Methodist def. Bethel 1-0
- Records: Bethel (1-1-0) | Central Methodist (3-0-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Central Methodist – No. 1
- Location:Davis Field | Central Methodist University | Fayette, Mo.
- 53’ | Rodrigo Paredes (CMU), assisted by Carlos Scheckermann
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- This was the second meeting between the two schools in history. Last season, the Pilots and Eagles played to a scoreless double overtime draw.
- The Eagles were called for 29 fouls and 4 yellow cards in a physical match from the defending NAIA national champions.
- Matheus Santiago led the Pilots with two shots, including the only one on frame on the night.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots continue a short road trip in the ‘Show-Me State’ with a trip to Hannibal, Missouri to take on Hannibal-LaGrange on Saturday at 4:00 pm ET.