Pilots Held Scoreless Against Nationally-Ranked Cougars
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s soccer team dropped their fourth straight match on Saturday night, losing to Crossroads League-leading and NAIA No. 20 Spring Arbor 2-0 at Morey Field.
- Score: Spring Arbor def. Bethel 2-0
- Records: Bethel (8-6-1, 2-4-0) | Spring Arbor (12-3-0, 6-0-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – No. 20
- Location: Morey Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 19’ | Cole Russell (SAU) assisted by Jacob Crull
- 62’ | Janum Sailor (SAU) assisted by Brian D’Ascenzo
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots have now lost four straight matches, their longest losing streak since losing six straight from August 23 to September 14, 2013. It is the first time since 1993 that they have lost four straight regular season league games.
- The Pilots have now been shut out in six matches this season, matching last season’s total.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Indianapolis on Wednesday to take on Marian (Ind.) in Crossroads League play at 7:30 pm.