Pilots Make History in 6-1 Win over Holy Cross
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s soccer team traveled across town to take on Holy Cross (Ind.) on Saturday afternoon and returned victorious by a 6-1 final margin. Six different Pilots scored for the fifth time in program history and the Pilots earned their just their second 2-0-0 start in program history—the first since 2008.
- Score: Bethel def. Holy Cross 6-1
- Records: Bethel (2-0) | Holy Cross (0-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Holy Cross – not rated
- Location: Saints Field | Holy Cross College | Notre Dame, Ind.
- 4’ | Nicole Fosnough (BC) | unassisted
- 6’ | Lizzie Hart (BC) | unassisted
- 21’ | Rebekah Forti (BC) | assisted by Kama Hardy
- 28’ | Jalyn Cirino (BC) | assisted by Lizzie Hart
- 40’ | Haylie Cox (BC) | assisted by Rebecca Kanpol
- 67’ | Meghan Knoff (BC) | assisted by Sarah Lancaster
- 77’ | Nicola Waddell (HC) | unassisted
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The six goals are the most the Pilots have scored under head coach Jamie Lindvall and the most since a 6-2 victory against PU Calumet (Ind.) on September 7, 2013.
- The win gives the Pilots their first 2-0-0 start to the season since 2008 and just the second time in program history.
- The Pilots had six different players score in the match, the first time since a 21-0 victory against Andrews (Mich.) on October 17, 2006 and just the fifth time in program history.
- Five different Pilots scored their first career goals in the match, while Nicole Fosnough netted her second career goal.
QUOTES FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “We did well capitalizing on our opportunities today, but I was particularly happy with how we moved the ball to create those opportunities. Nice to have several recovery days now before we open up at home on Wednesday.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to action on Wednesday, August 29 at 7:00 pm when they make their debut at Morey Field against Saint Xavier (Ill.).