HUNTINGTON, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots’ men’s basketball team rebounded with a big win in Saturday’s regular season finale, defeating Huntington 89-82 to improve to 21-9 on the season. Paul Forman‘s double-double of 16 points and 12 rebounds helped the Pilots secure the victory down the stretch.
- Game Score: Bethel def. Huntington 89-82
- Records: Bethel (21-9, 10-8) | Huntington (16-14, 6-12)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 17 | Huntington – not rated
- Location: Merrillat Complex | Huntington University | Huntington, Ind.
- Trey’von Covington – 24 pts, 4 reb, 7-11 3-pt
- Trevion Crews – 23 pts, 11 ast, 6 reb
- Paul Forman – 16 pts, 12 reb, 7-8 fg
- Ryan Lutz – 8 pts, 3 reb, 2-5 3-pt
NEWS AND NOTES
- Trey’von Covington matched a career-high with 7 three-pointers made on his way to a team-high 24 points.
- Trevion Crews notched a double-double with 23 points and 11 assists, his ninth double-double of the season and third double-digit assist effort. His 6 rebounds gives him his 19th career game with at least 15 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists—one shy of Matt Schauss’s mark of 20 for second in program history since 1993-94.
- The Pilots locked down the No. 5 seed in the Crossroads League Tournament Quarterfinals on Wednesday with the win, finishing with double-digit conference wins for the seventh-straight season.
- The Pilots travel to Mount Vernon, Ohio to take on NAIA No. 6 and Crossroads League No. 4-seed Mount Vernon Nazarene in the Crossroads League Tournament Quarterfinals on Wednesday at 7 pm. The Pilots have lost five straight to the Cougars, dating back to the start of Ryne Lightfoot‘s tenure as head coach.