Pilots Defeat Erskine for Shot at National Title
KISSIMMEE, Fla. – Bethel Men’s Soccer defeated Erskine 3-1 on Friday evening in the NCCAA National Tournament Semifinals to advance to the National Title game to be played on Saturday. Matheus Santiago kept up his torrid pace this postseason, with his fifth goal of the tournament, while Isaac Nunez provided the game-winner and Tim Noeding gave an insurance goal in the second half.
- Score: Bethel def. Erskine 3-1
- Records: Bethel (11-2-1) | Erskine (1-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR
- Location:Austin-Tindall Complex | Kissimmee, Fla.
- 18’ | Tim Boeckstaens (EC)
- 21’ | Matheus Santiago (BU) assisted by Joao Victor de Oliveira and Macrae Smith
- 25’ | Isaac Nunez (BU)
- 73’ | Tim Noeding (BU)
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots gave up their first goal of the tournament and trailed for the first time when Erskine broke thru in the 18th minute.
- The Pilots outshot the Flying Fleet 16-8, while Arnaud Fady only needed one save in the game to preserve the victory.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots will play for the NCCAA National Championship on Saturday at 8:00 pm against No. 2 seed and familiar foe Grace College. The Pilots defeated the Lancers 1-0 in Winona Lake on September 26 of this season.