Pilots Respond with Win over Marian
INDIANAPOLIS – Bethel Men’s Soccer responded after suffering their first loss of the season earlier in the week with a dominating 4-1 win over Marian. Jose Barquin notched his Crossroads League-leading sixth goal of the season—matched later in the second half by Marian’s James Jenkins for the league lead—but it was the Pilots’ supporting cast to push the Pilots to victory as five different players got in on the scoring action.
- Score: Bethel def. Marian 4-1
- Records: Bethel (5-1-1, 4-1-1) | Marian (1-4-1, 1-3-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Marian – NR
- Location: Vincent Field | Marian University | Indianapolis, Ind.
- 18’ | Matheus Santiago (BU)
- 37’ | Jose Barquin (BU) assisted by Tim Noeding
- 42’ | Gian Frasinetti (BU)
- 54’ | James Jenkins (MU) assisted by Jalen Rice
- 86’ | Luan Bressy (BU)
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots outshot the Knights 15-7.
- Tim Noeding recorded his team-leading fifth assist of the season giving Jose Barquin his team-leading sixth goal of the season.
- The Pilots earned their 13th point of the season to sit atop the Roads Division of the Crossroads League—one point behind league leader Huntington with 14 points.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Mount Vernon, Ohio a week from Saturday to take on Mount Vernon Nazarene.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH PINTO
- “Great response from the team. The guys were hungry to play and I thought we were very composed going forward and solid defensively. Need to recover and train well this week for another tough game away.”