Pilots Place Two in Top 25 at Nationals
POINT LOOKOUT, Mo. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s cross country team placed their two individual racers in the top 25 at the NCCAA National Championship on Saturday as freshman Trevor Miller finished 19th overall with a 27:15.64 and senior Evan Herr-Knispel finished his career with a 27:35.99 in 24th-place overall.
- Team Finish: No Team Finish
- Team Time: No Team Time
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated
- Location: Bobcat Cross Country Course | College of the Ozarks | Point Lookout, Mo.
- 19. Trevor Miller – 27:15.64
- 24. Evan Herr-Knispel – 27:35.99
- Trevor Miller just missed out on All-American status, finishing ten seconds behind the top 15 finishers. His 27:15.64 is a collegiate-best by 28 seconds.
- Evan Herr-Knispel concludes his cross country career with his fourth-best time ever. Five of his top six times ever were recorded this season.
QUOTES FROM COACH SOMMERS
- “Very proud of how well Trevor and Evan competed. They ran gutsy races on a very difficult course. Great way to end a career for Evan and a big confidence booster for Trevor. These two built a good foundation for the guys to return to national competition next year.”