Pilots Punctuate 50 Seasons Celebration with Win over Judson
MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University men’s soccer team celebrated 50 seasons of Bethel Soccer on Saturday afternoon and punctuated the festivities with a resounding 4-1 victory over Judson. The Pilots used three second half goals to pull away from a feisty Eagles squad to end a three-game losing streak.
- Score: Bethel def. Judson 4-1
- Records: Bethel (2-3-0) | Judson (1-3-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Judson – not rated
- Location:Morey Field | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 30’ | Jose Barquin (BU) unassisted (free kick)
- 36’ | Diego Silva (JU) unassisted (penalty kick)
- 52’ | Mario Casero (BU) assisted by Sergio Crescenzi
- 70’ | Jardel Oliveira Santos (BU) assisted by Mario Casero
- 73’ | Gabriel Ferreira (BU) assisted by Lehy Felix
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Mario Casero recorded his first career points with the Pilots with the game-winning goal—the first goal of his career—and added an assist on the next scoring opportunity for the Pilots.
- The match featured 10 yellow cards, six on the Pilots and four on the Eagles., along with 44 total fouls in a feisty match from the start.
- Lehy Felix recorded his first career assist on the final goal of the day.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Indiana Tech on Saturday, September 14 for a non-conference tilt in Fort Wayne at 3:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH PINTO
- “What a beautiful day in every sense today. Our alumni game and celebration was such a special and positive environment that helped set the tone for how our team performed today. It was a great blessing to have our team connect and hear from so many alums, including Earl Reifel who was a leader in starting the program back in 1967. His message and challenge was inspiring and out students are so blessed to be consistently surrounded by great former players.”
- We scored some good goals and can still improve a lot in dominating possession throughout the game.”