Pilots Run Away with Seventh Win of Season
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s basketball team used a big second half run to earn a 91-67 win over Madonna on Saturday in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. Trevion Crews led the Pilots in points, rebounds, and assists for the fourth time in seven games, going for 25, 9, and 9 respectively.
- Game Score:Bethel def. Madonna 91-67
- Records: Bethel (7-0) | Madonna (4-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – No. 23 | Madonna – not rated
- Location:Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Trevion Crews: 25 pts, 9 reg, 9 ast, 3 stl
- Trey’von Covington: 17 pts, 2 reb, 1 stl
- Gavin Rasler: 17 pts, 3 reb, 3-7 3-pt
- Paul Forman: 10 pts, 8 reb, 6 ast
- Kyle Hartman: 6 pts, 5 reb, 5 ast
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Trevion Crews finished an assist and a rebound away from his second triple-double in three games. In three games over the week, Crews averaged 20.0 points, 9.0 rebounds, 9.3 assists, and 2.3 steals per game.
- After allowing the Crusaders to within 53-47 with 12:00 remaining, the Pilots used a 36-15 run over the next eleven minutes to secure their largest lead of the game at 27.
- Ryne Lightfoot recorded his 29th career win to move him into sole possession of fifth place in program history for career wins, surpassing Bob Long. With one more win in the next two games, Lightfoot could become the quickest coach in Crossroads League history to 30 career wins.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to action next Friday and Saturday, November 16-17 when they compete in the Northern Lakes Insurance Tournament hosted by Saint Francis (Ind.) in Fort Wayne. The Pilots will play Lincoln (Ill.) on Friday at 8 pm and take on No. 2 IU East (Ind.) on Saturday at 1 pm.