Pilots Serve Up Season-Opening Win
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel University women’s volleyball team notched their first win of the season on Friday afternoon, defeating visiting Concordia 25-10, 25-16, 25-11 on the back of 16 service aces. The Pilots trailed for just one point in the match at the start of the third set and cruised to the season-opening victory.
- Score: Bethel def. Concordia 25-10, 25-16, 25-11
- Records: Bethel (1-0) | Concordia (0-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Concordia – not rated
- Location:Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- AJ McDonald: 11 kills, 3 blocks, .444 hit percentage
- Madyson Beaver: 2 kills, 24 assists, 4 service aces
- Makennize Williams: 6 service aces
- Payton Hart: 7 kills, 3 service aces, 8 digs
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots had 16 service aces as a team—their most in a match since August 17, 2017.
- The Pilots won their season opener for the first time since the 2015 season.
- AJ McDonald’s 11 kills is the most for a Pilot in her debut since Kassandra Williams recorded 12 on August 21, 2015.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Butte, Montana to take part in the Big Sky Volleyball Challenge hosted by Montana Tech on Friday and Saturday August 23-24.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “Great start to the season. Worked out some kinks and also identified things to work on. Excited for what this year might bring!”