Pilots Shut Out for Fourth Time in Six Matches
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s soccer team could not solve the Grace attack on Wednesday night at Morey Field, dropping a Crossroads League match 5-0 to their rivals to the south.
- Score: Grace def. Bethel 5-0
- Records: Bethel (3-4-4, 1-2-0) | Grace (11-1-0, 3-0-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Grace – No. 41
- Location: Morey Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 10’ | Corinne Villalobos (GC) assisted by Shelby Fort
- 15’ | Jenni Phillips (GC) unassisted
- 24’ | Jenni Phillips (GC) unassisted
- 54’ | Shelby Fort (GC) unassisted
- 59’ | Kristen Bellinger (GC) unassisted
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots managed just 6 shots—but only one after intermission—and put three on goal in the match
- The Pilots were shut out for the fourth time in their last six matches this season.
- Tessa Zimmerly made 6 saves on the night to up her season total to 37.
QUOTES FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “We were definitely not at our best in the first half, but I was proud of the adjustments our girls made in the second half. Good things in that second 45 that we can continue to move forward with.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to action on Saturday, October 7 at Morey Field against Huntington (Ind.) with a 2:00 kick-off. The Pilots will celebrate Senior Day activities as a part of the pre-game ceremony.